Go eco-kayaking into the depths of nature and history with a glass bottom kayak tour of Salt River Bay National Park and Ecological Preserve.
- Adult - Transparent Sea Thru SUP Ages 18+
- Young Adult - Transparent Sea Thru SUP Ages 12-17
- Adult - Traditional Hard SUP Ages 18+
- Young Adult - Traditional Hard SUP Ages 12-17
Salt River Bay SUP Tour
Stand Up Paddleboard Eco-Tour of Salt River Bay National Park
Scheduling is dependent on weather and wind conditions. Booking dates and times are not guaranteed as we cannot control the weather. Please call in to schedule your SUP Eco-Tour.
Go eco-paddle boarding into the depths of nature and history with a SUP tour of Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve. This excursion will feature a paddling tour of the multiple bays within the park boundaries, emphasizing the dense mangrove environment, crystal waters, rich natural beauty, and history.
We offer two different levels of SUP eco-tours based upon your experience level:
Ideal for those with less experience or needing a confidence boost. We will focus on the fundamentals and getting you comfortable with the SUP, progressing from the basics on up. Our pace will be relaxed and comfortable, immersing ourselves into the park. Our pace will dictate the distance we travel, but all SUPers know it is truly about the journey, not the destination.
For all the water inclined and competent paddleboarders. We will set off for an awesome day of SUPing in the park. Previous paddleboard experience and proficiency will be required. You will be expected to properly handle your own board with little to no assistance, transition into different paddling positions as necessary, and be able to re-mount your board in deep water. Our pace will be steady and all SUPers will be expected to stay with the group. It is a big beautiful National Park, and with enough paddling we plan to see it all!
Types of Paddleboards
Traditional Rigid and Soft-Top SUPs
- Options ranging from 9’6” to 11’4”
- Weight limits up to 400 pounds
- Ideal for beginners, superior stability, more forgiving during falls, easiest to remount
Sea Thru Transparent SUP
- Unlimited visibility beneath your board
- Weight limit 225 pounds
- Ideal for intermediate and advanced paddlers only
What to Bring
We recommend you travel light. There are very few bungees on the traditional boards, and no cargo straps on the sea thru boards to carry your belongings. A drybag over the shoulder is usually the best way to carry what you can’t be without.
We have personal lockers available for use on sight. The following are suggested for before/after the trip.
- Sun Protection: REEF-SAFE sunscreen, hats, sun shirt, sunglasses if you want to cover up
- Only DEET-FREE bug repellants allowed
- Water, snacks
- Medications, if necessary
Included in this tour
We will provide you the appropriate SUP, life jacket, paddle, and a knowledgeable guide to escort you through the bay. We will provide a brief safety introduction and paddling demo prior to departure.
- A dry bag for any personal belongings or electronic equipment you choose to bring, available for purchase on site.
- Tip or gratuity for your hard working guide/s